Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Walk-about Wednesday

If there was a 12-step program for voyeurism I’d be the first in line to join. I can see it now – Hi, my name is Mrs.RGS and I like to snoop on my neighbors' homes. I love older houses and tend to stare at the details as I walk by them. Of course, since I live in the Pacific Northwest, an older home is anything that was built the day before yesterday. We barely have a hundred year history here and only recently moved out of our covered wagons. Here are two of my favorite houses in my neighborhood. Neither of them are big beautiful structure but they both have lots of interesting details.

This one fascinates me because of the use of the red gate against the purple of the body of the house. The yard is always so lovely.












The next house shows an extensive gardening project on a very small plot of land. The house was painted a couple of years ago and the color has faded a bit since. I just LOVE the fan element about the door and window. I would have never of thought of painting each slat a little lighter than the one before as they did. (the one over the door is less weathered)
Mrs.RGS (click on the photos to enlarge them)

1 comment:

Liz Harrell said...

Oh, this is fun! I do it too. Love love love that purple house with the red gate.