Friday, May 29, 2009

40 Years Ago

Forty years ago today two self-centered, self-absorbed and selfish children walked down the aisle of a church after being joined as one.

When people tell about couples they've known that never a harsh word passed between them I wonder what it must be like to be able to say that.

We've had our rough times both between ourselves and with our children at different times. But only through the grace of the God we serve have we always come back to His perfect purpose.

See that light over my head? I'd like to think it was my halo! Don't you believe it. What you see here is the beginning of two imperfect people who have spent the last 40 years knocking the rough edges off of each other.

Today is the icing on a cake! Each day we find ways to say "I love you". Each day we take care of one another. Each day our hearts beat as one. I still am swayed by his smile. He gets away with a lot of mischief by flashing that boyish grin. I consider is a triumph when I make him laugh because he does it so seldom. Marriage has taught me how to love, have joy, patience, kindness, gentleness and self-control. It's a GOOD THING.
rita

1 comment:

Kim said...

Congratulations! Sorry it's a bit late, but not much time sitting and enjoying blogs lately. I love the pictures and think it must be a halo over your head.