Thursday, December 11, 2008

Applesauce!


I had some apples in the fruit bowl that were about to make their farewell to edibility when I found this recipe on the Martha Stewart website.

I like applesauce but have never been a fan of the baked apple. Cottage Master does not like either but a BIG fan of apple pie.

When I read the ingredients I thought it might be something we both would like.
It smelled like apple pie while baking. I left it chunky even though Martha describes in detail how to pulverize the apples into mush.
Before Baking

After Baking (before mashing)


It has the consistency of applesauce and tastes like apple pie.

Without telling the Cottage Master what it was I gave him a taste. “Do you like it?” “Yeah.”

The next day I told him what was for lunch including the applesauce. “But I don’t like applesauce.” “But you liked what I gave you yesterday.” “That was applesauce? Now I’m not sure I like it.”

Silly me. I should never have told him what it was.

Mrs.RGS

3 comments:

Melissa said...

It looks so scrumptious.

Yum!

ellemenope said...

Oh, I see you made one for me too! ;)

I found that the less info given about a dish the best. My DH can't stand ketchup with his beans... unless I add it without telling him, then it's YUMMY! haha

Liz Harrell said...

Wow... your applesauce looks WAY better than my applesauce. :)