Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Gifts

How do I begin to explain how beautiful these beads are in person. The photos only hint at there sparkle and delicate blend of colors. Friend Sherrie put them together with her fine sense of color and pattern and textures.
She made them to be page markers but as I admired them I realized that I wanted to adorn myself with them – so I did by wrapping the string around the button of my sweater. I love it.

One of my favorite blogs is Terry Border's Bent Objects. DD and I have giggled and howled unashamidly at his creations. She bought a piece of wired art from him for both me and herself.
During a recent scripture study I read "But no one can enter the strong man's house and plunder his property unless he first binds the strong man, and then he will plunder his house.” Mark 3:27
It gave new meaning to my wired art sculpture entitled "The Strongman"!!





DD has "The Flying Cat"

As I was crusising some of the blogs that I read only occassionally I saw that at the 1916 Portland Bungalow Joe's wife gave him the bird from the same collection.
Mrs.RGS

No comments: