Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I can't figure it out ... Can you?

One of the blogs I enjoy is It's Lovely. I'll take it! Sara Lorimer collects and posts photos of properties for sale. Not just any photos. Just the unfortunate photos. Such as a recent one of a living room that has a used disposable diaper tucked under the coffee table.

A few days ago she posted a listing that just keeps haunting me. I can't think of a rational reason why this house is the way it is. Every explanation I come up with the owners being a little crazy.

The one-owner house was built and furnished in 1955. The family lived in the basement not in the home's first level and appears to be frozen in time. It is as if the place is waiting for someone who never arrived. If it had been owned by a single person I'd say that they were expecting to get married but got jilted and never could bring themselves to live in the house alone.

Pop on over to 1955 and see what I'm talking about. (click on the 1955 to go to the site)
Mrs.RGS

No comments: