Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sleepless and Clueless

I’ve been having insomnia for the past few days and I’m . . .

I mean dragging.


I finally got some sleep last night – in fact, I just kept sleeping until this afternoon. Now I feel like I could tackle any problem – but there are only 4 hours of daylight left.

It has been raining and raining and flooding all around us. Thousands have needed to leave their homes – and I’m complaining about losing a few hours of sleep. I’m sorry.

When I finally crawled out of bed I found that the Cottage Master had gone to the post office before he went to work and that his eye glasses that I ordered from Zenni had arrived.

But why had he not decided to wear them? Maybe there were too wide for his face? All he needed to do was to bend the legs a little for a snug fit.

I picked them up and did just that. Gently. Then I heard a faint “snap”. And I put them down as if it had been a firecracker.

Oh, WHY did I do that?

Run away. That’s the best solution – just run away now.

Then I noticed that there was a message on my telephone. I listened. It was my Master’s voice. “I just wanted to tell you that I got my glasses today. I’m wearing them. Thank you, they are nice.”

Glad I listened to that message before I had my bags packed and the car warmed up.
Mrs.RGS

2 comments:

Lori Lynn said...

Hey, I've been sleepless too! Tossin' and turnin', yeah! But,I don't happen to be RETIRED, so I have to get up with the birds anyway! That glasses story was priceless!! See what happens when you don't get your beauty sleep???

Evie said...

You are SO funny. It is something that I would do... then panic! Good for you... no harm no foul.