Friday, August 29, 2008

Award . . . I'm not worthy

I’ve said it before and will say it again, I am amazed at how deep and enriching friendships are formed through blogging. I’ve found a kindred spirit in Kim, at Sunbonnet Cottage. She is a hero to me. Both she and her husband are courageous beautiful people.

She surprised me with my first blogging award two weeks ago while I was busy with my Munchkins and I now want to pass the honor on to some other people whose Creativity have inspired and encouraged me over the past few months.

First, I am supposed to list 6 things that make me happy.
1) I'm happy to serve my God
2) I'm happy that the Cottage Master stayed with me when circumstances were difficult
3) My offspring
4) My extended family
5) My friends
6) And finally, working in my home brings me a great deal of happiness

A few of the people I'd like to pass this award on to are:

1) Kim and her husband, Rich, at The Chosen Child creativity is challenged daily in the ways that they use their resources to best help their son, David, grow into the man God intends him to be.

2) Liz, at Mabel’s House is a very creative and entertaining writer. We will all proudly say we knew her “when” after her stories are published and she becomes famous.

3) Meredith at Like Merchants Ships is so full of creative ideas from food presentation to saving money in every area of her life. She taught me that the crumbs from the cake pan can be used as toppings on ice cream and fruit desserts (rather than eating on the spot as my reward for baking).

4) Kristin at Grace Violet is always full of great ideas that stir my creative juices.

5) Llyn M at Llyn M is a kindred spirit. Her home and family are her focus and crafts and creativity are her gifts.

6) Teresa at Plumwater Cottage has a lovely blog where she inspires and challenges me to use what I have at hand to create beauty.


Copy and paste the AWARD into a new post on your blog, list the 6 things that make you happy and pass it on to 6 deserving blog Hostesses.
Mrs.RGS

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Thank you! What a lovely surprise.

Melissa said...

Rita,

You are most welcome for the award. You are very worthy of it.

Thank you for your kind comments.

I adore you and your blog.

Melissa
Sunbonnet Cottage

Kristin said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me!

Teresa said...

Thank you so much for passing the award along to me. I truly appreciate it!

Kim said...

Thank you so much! I will post mine later this week- working on David's school stuff. The school problems are not making me feel so happy right now. So your award did brighten my day.