Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Cottage Cat

When we moved here two years ago the first neighbors we met were the 7 cats that used the path just outside our garden room windows as a feline freeway. The cats would trot past, without stopping, on their way to wherever kitties go.

Early this summer we noticed that the cat population had diminished to one. Because this one cat is an adept hunter, frequently catching and eating the birds that I enjoy feeding, I have been unhappy with him more than once. Lately it has become apparent that this one cat either doesn’t have a home to go to or just prefers our happy hunting ground. I see him all hours of the day and night. He is almost always in the stalking mode and avoids personal contact, running away if we get too close.

The Cottage Master and I were talking about him (or her) recently and decided that we should give the cat a name instead of always referring to him as THAT CAT.


It is my pleasure to introduce Quirky Kitty.



Mrs.RGS

4 comments:

ellemenope said...

Wow, how exotic looking! (S)He indeed looks quite quirky indeed!

Evie said...

I think the kitty is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Melissa said...

What a cutie. I'd say he is a keeper.

Suzanne said...

What a beautiful/handsome kitty! I'm sorry he eats your birds. I wouldn't like that, either. My kitty would like nothing more than to spend hours outside hunting birdies! :(