Monday, November 17, 2008

Yummies from my kitchen

I’ve been enjoying some time in the kitchen this past week. The only reason why this is noteworthy is because usually I try to spend as little time in there as possible. One does not enjoy being any place where one has failed so many times.

Using the cherries from our trees that I pitted and froze a few months ago I made a cherry cobbler.

I purposely baked more potatoes than we could eat so that the next day I could slice one and fry it in a little olive oil for breakfast. There is something about that great nutty flavor of a baked potato when it has been fried that makes it a perfect winter-time breakfast treat.

Mrs.RGS

2 comments:

Kim said...

I agree about the potatoes for breakfast. I made homemade hashbrowns yesterday for breakfast. It has grown quite cold here so a hearty, warm breakfast is wonderful.

Lori Lynn said...

Yummy cherries! You've been tagged!! Visit my blog for instructions and leave me a comment if you're gonna do it!!