Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Boring just got ugly

After my eye-opening experience with the 98 Things exercise that I did yesterday exposing just what a boring person I am I decided that I needed to get out of the house.

It dawned on me that for the last six weeks I have gone nowhere except to the grocery store and to church. So I climbed into my trusty beloved periwinkle truck and proceeded to have an adventure.

As I approached an intersection and needed to stop for the traffic light I was mesmerized by the amount of moss on a building across the street.


I wonder if that roof leaks

Driving further I found myself saying, "Oh, look at that!" "Oh, look at that!"




By now you must know that all of these things that caught my eye were everyday objects that other people drove past without a thought.

And then, OH, LOOK AT THAT!



An opossum on the side of the road with tire tracks across its body.



I don't know who to feel more sorry for -- me or the opossum!

boring rita

No comments: