Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Newest Diversion

As if I needed any more excuses or ways to spend time with the laptop computer -- my DD introduced me to the Hulu website.
I've been spending my afternoons watching episodes of Alfred Hitchcock Presents. Something that I never noticed the first time I watched them (as a very young child -- yeah, right) is that the bad guy always gets caught in the end. Maybe not at the end of the story, but when Alfred comes on after the drama he tells us that the authorities discovered the evil deed and the price was paid before it was all over.

Today's dramas, as well as real life crimes, don't always have a satisfactory ending. Maybe that's why I like watching "Cold Case" so much. The bad guy finally gets what's coming to him!

Then there is the wonderful irony of casting such as the episode about a man who hated to spend money played by Dennis Day.

Yesterday's treat was watching an episode with Peggy Cass. I miss her dry wit.
Rita

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I've never heard of hulu. I will have to check it out.

Sounds interesting though.

Happy Weekend!