Monday, April 13, 2009

A Birthday Project

I buy hard cardboard books at thrift shops for 59 to 79 cents each. The kind that we read to babies and toddlers. I don't care what the book is about -- I buy it for the size and shape. Here is one that I recently used.

I carefully peel the shiny paper off of each page and the cover. It usually comes off rather easily but I've had some that were a challenge.

This particular book was easy! I'm left with an empty cardboard book.

Our grandson's first birthday was on April 11th. His older brother and I put together a "one of a kind" book for him. Kyle took the pictures, picked out the paper to use and wrote a caption or a quote for each page. He had to learn some computer skills while doing this project and deserves to be proud of his accomplishments.

We downloaded the pictures into PowerPoint and applied the words and then printed the pages. We spray glued each page onto the cardboard book and this is the finished project.

An almost free book.
rita

3 comments:

Evie said...

That is so cool! You are lucky to have these resources to you! We aren't as lucky. It looks really neat though!!! =0)

~~Deby said...

This is such a great idea...gotta remember this one...
It's almost yard sale season..woooohooooo.
deby

Kim said...

I love this idea! Ihave never seen this done, but it's a wonderful gift idea.