Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ogallala Antiques

Living and shopping for vintage items on the west coast is a completely different experience from shopping in the mid-west. I just had to stop in at an antique mall before we left Ogallala and was sort of sorry I had.

I saw so many things that I either would loved to have if Quirky Cottage had room for one more piece of furniture (which she doesn't).


Blogger keeps turning this picture on it's side -- I don't know why . . .





This set of china has a matching table cloth and napkins!

After my shopping trip we hit the road again we intended to stop after we got through Omaha, Nebraska but God had other plans.

One of those famous mid-western rain storms began -- the kind that you can only see about 20 feet in front of you and you are using the taillights of the car ahead of you to keep you on the road.

After struggling to keep the car on the road when driving through large accumulations of water in the low spots for an hour we stopped and found a bed in a cheap motel.

You know you are in a cheap motel when there is THIS sign on the mirror.
rita

No comments: