Sunday, September 27, 2009

What's it really like?

When the Cottage Master first proposed a nice long leisurely trip across these great United States this is what I imagined . . .




He said that we would take our time, stop any time we saw something interesting and enjoy every minute of the experience.



What I got instead was this . . .





We are now in Williamsburg, Virginia, 3,000 miles from home. I haven't driven since Wyoming because once this wild man gets behind the wheel it's drive, drive, drive.



He passes every car on the road. He has made me go 20 hours between meals! He only stops when the car needs fuel.


Finally, yesterday I told him that I had heard that the first prize in the contest he was trying to win was a CRAPPY WIFE.


So, today we are taking a day off. We are resting, getting caught up on the emails and catching our breath before we go sight-seeing.

Before we left Missouri, he did stop and allow me to take these photos . . .



















Just imagine the stories this building could tell.
rita

No comments: