Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday in Chicago

I had a rather uneventful trip traveling west from Connecticut.  The major sights were, 1) gas stations 2) rest areas and 3) toll booths.  After you've seen one, you've seen them all.

At one service station there was this.  I wish I could have taken a picture of the horse. It was a beauty.

I'm in the windy city now.  See, I can prove it.  This is a tree outside my window.
The leaves are all pointing the way the wind is blowing -- in case I can't tell.

We've all seen signs and labels on products that caution us not to do stupid things.  At first it always seems unneeded but they tell us that they are placed there because some dumb person really did something dangerous with the product. 

Here's another one for the collection.
Why would anyone need to hang clothes so close to the ceiling?  The ceiling is so high that I could only touch the bottom of the sign when I reached up the wall.

Tomorrow I'll get the car washed and vacuumed out.  Do a little site seeing and repack my bags to get ready for the last leg of my journey on Amtrak.
r

1 comment:

Janie said...

Have so enjoyed the trip with you. Hope you keep in touch on your way home and after you get there!
Janie