Thursday, July 24, 2008

This and that . . .

I was at work sitting at my computer when a movement on the window caught my eye. A tiny ant was climbing on the outside of the window. What’s so special about that? He was 60 feet above ground level and still climbing. Quick, someone call the suicide prevention line – wait, who can speak Anteese?
I watch as, he or she, continued steadily upward toward the roof of the four-story office building. What would cause an ant to do such a thing? Unrequited love? Running away from home? The desire for adventure? A GPS system gone awry? We will never know.

On my way to work this morning I snapped this picture. This, folks, is what the $4.50 per gallon gasoline has reduced us to. Here is a man, dressed in a business suit and a bicycle helmet riding his child’s scooter to work.

We had company over the weekend. They went down to the dock to look at a boat while I stayed safely on dry land.




Mrs.RGS


1 comment:

A said...

Those are really clear pictures, what a great camera you have. It's fun to watch part of your day through your "lens" - it's too bad we don't all have such clever musings of the minutia. But I'm glad you share yours! ;)